Portugal – Immigration-friendly Nation with Travel Treasures
Portugal is one of the most popular countries among Bangladeshi nationals for its easier immigration policies. They accept immigrants from all over the world without any complicated terms or requirements.
All you need is – enter the country with a valid Schengen visa!
But not just for immigration purposes – there is another group of people who loves the country for its ancient architecture, beautiful beaches, fantastic weather, affordable travel options… and, of course, Football!
With a land area of a total of 92,212 square kilometers, the country has an approx. population of 10 million. The country is so popular for various festivals year-round, and millions of tourists flock to the country to experience Portuguese hospitality.
If you want to travel to Portugal as a Bangladeshi, the biggest hurdle is getting visa approval. However, the scenario is changing in recent months, as more and more people are getting visa approval, and the ratio is way better than in the past.
Portugal Visit Visa From Bangladesh
Portugal is one of the 27 Schengen members, so you can visit the country if you have a visa from any other Schengen country. However, if your main destination is Portugal itself, you must apply your visa directly from the Portugal consulate.
But there is a problem:
The Portuguese Republic doesn’t have a diplomatic consulate in Bangladesh at this moment. They have an honorary consul general office; however, it doesn’t accept visa applications.
So, what’s the solution? How can Bangladeshi nationals apply for Portugal visas?
Long-term visa applications must be submitted directly to the Portugal Embassy in New Delhi. For short-term Schengen visas, Portugal is represented by France Embassy in Bangladesh.
So, if your travel plan is for less than 30 days in any 180 days period, you can apply for your Portugal tourist visa from France embassy in Dhaka. You need to follow the requirement and process as same as applying for a France visa.
Don’t worry! We will guide you through the steps.
Apply Online with France Embassy in Dhaka
France Embassy Dhaka doesn’t accept walk-in applications. So, you need a prior appointment and follow duly procedures.
Unlike other Schengen member countries, France has their own visa application website where applicants need to provide the required information. Since Schengen has its own unified visa form, the information France Visa online application asks for is the same as other Schengen PDF applications.
You need to provide your Name, Date of birth, Marital Status, Passport, Professional, and Employment details.
Also, the online visa form will ask for the purpose of the trip, the number of entries, financial details, previous Schengen visas, and the accommodation address.
Please be careful filling out this information, as your visa decision largely depends on how well the visa application itself represents you.
TLDR; The visa application can make or break the final outcome!
After you provide information, the website will show you a preview before you can submit it. Review the information carefully and proceed to payment if everything is all right.
Submit The Documents In Person
Once you finish the visa application, it’s time to book a visa appointment with the embassy. France Embassy has a booking portal where you need to put your details, and it will show you the available appointment. Book your slot and start preparing your documents.
Please note that you can submit a visa application maximum 6 months, and the minimum is 15 days from the planned arrival in the Schengen area…. And the appointments are usually available after 2-8 weeks, depending on the time you apply.
On the day of your appointment, visit the France Embassy in Dhaka in person for the submission. It’s recommended to show up early as there is a strict security protocol.
Consular staff will check your documents, collect your fingerprints and give you a collection receipt.
You are done here…
… and your Portugal visa application processing officially starts!
Portugal Visa Document Requirements from Bangladesh
The list of documents always varies from person to person and circumstances. However, we tried to give you a general list of documents that you need to submit with your visa application:
Common Documents For Portugal Visa:
- Appointment Letter: Your visa Appointment Letter for France Embassy
- Application form: Your Completed, Signed, and Dated application form & payment receipt
- Current passport: The passport should have 3 months validity after exiting the Schengen area. At least 2 blank pages for visa sticker and stamping.
- Passport Copies: All pages containing visas, entry/exit stamps, or other remarks
- Schengen Visa Photo: Two recent color photographs (ICAO standard, size 3.5 X 4.5 cm, with a white background, showing ears)
- Civil Documents: Marriage/divorce/death certificate (as applicable for you). You can also attach a birth certificate if you have a baby.
- Cover Letter. A detailed visa request letter outlining the purpose of the trip and who will cover expenses, along with your professional and financial details.
- Bank Statement: Your personal bank statement & solvency certificate (original, with bank seal and signature) for the last 6 months. The balance should reflect your monthly income, expenses, and disposable income well.
- Income Tax Documents: Your TIN certificate and Income tax certificate copy (last 3 years). If possible, include a copy of your income tax assessment for the last year.
- Asset Valuation: If you have immovable properties and other assets, you can include a certified valuation copy. Valuation should include your land, building, flat, etc.
- Investment Documents: Other financial documents such as fixed deposit receipt (FDR), Sanchaypatro and share statement, etc.
- Invitation Letter: A personal invitation letter from your host as well as your inviter’s passport and status in France (for tourist/family visit)
- Business Invitation: If your reason for visiting Portugal is business, you need an Original invitation letter from the company in Portugal
- Proof of Family: If you are visiting any family member, please include Proof of family relationship.
- Schengen Visa Insurance: Purchasing visa insurance prior to your visa application is mandatory. You need to submit the main copy and a photocopy of the document to the embassy.
If You Are A Business Owner:
- Trade License: Your updated business trade license
- Agreement Copy: Your Business agreement/deed copy if you are part of a partnership business
- Certificate of Incorporation: Your company memorandum of the article, certificate of incorporation, and form 12 for limited companies
- Other Business Documents: VAT, IRC, and Membership certificate (if applicable)
- Business Bank Statement: Your business bank statement for the last 6 months. The bank statement should well reflect your income, expenses, etc.
If You Are Employed:
- NOC: A No Objection Certificate (NOC) from your employer with the details of your leave of absence from work.
- Payslips: Your Payslips/original salary statement for the last 6 months.
If You Are Student:
- Proof of Studentship: Proof of enrolment in an educational establishment (for students)
- School Letter: Leave of absence certificate (for students traveling during the school year)
Visa Processing Time & Passport Collection
Portugal visitor visa processing time depends on the time you apply and the complexity of your case.
Normally France Embassy in Dhaka processes short-term visa applications in 15 working days. However, depending on the season, it can take up to 45 days. You can track your visa application progress from the France embassy website.
Once a decision has been finalized, you will be contacted by the embassy to collect your passport. Visit in person with your visa application receipt and passport copy. In case you can’t visit personally, send someone with an authorization letter. Minor’s passports can be collected by the parents or someone with an authorization letter signed by the parents.
If your visa application has been successful, you will receive the passport with a visa sticker. For unsuccessful cases – the embassy will attach a refusal letter with the detailed reason for the said refusal.
Portugal Visa Consultant in Bangladesh
If you are looking for a reliable Portugal visa consultant in Bangladesh, Visa Processing Center is your place. We are an experienced visa consultancy company in Bangladesh with years of proven track records.
We have an expert approach, commitment to customers, honesty, and efficiency in processing your visa application.
We understand that applying for a visa can be a time-consuming and stressful process, but we are here to make it as easy and seamless as possible. Our team of expert visa consultants is well-versed with the Schengen visa codes and prepares documents in compliance with local consulates.
At Visa Processing Center, we take pride in our honesty and transparency and will always keep you informed throughout the process. Our service fee is transparent and straightforward, and we don’t process any visa applications with shady contracts.
Don’t waste your time with unreliable visa companies and individuals without experience and licensing. Contact us today to handle your Portugal visa application for maximum success.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much is Portugal Visa Fees from Bangladesh?
As part of the Schengen member countries, Portugal has unified visa fees.
The France embassy in Bangladesh collects the fees as they are representing Portugal in the country. Visa fees for adult applicants are 80 euros. For 6-12 years old, the fee is 40 euros. Children below 6 years old have no visa fees.
The visa fee is collected in local currencies, and the BDT amount changes from time to time based on the conversion rate.
Can you help me get a Portugal visitor visa from Bangladesh?
We are a highly experienced visa processing agency specializing in Schengen visa applications. If you are an eligible candidate, we can certainly help you get your Portugal visa approved. Contact us today and talk to our consultation team to assess your eligibility.
Do you provide an invitation letter or any other documents for Portugal Visa?
As a visa consulting company, we process your application according to your provided documents. However, if you need our help getting invitations for your business conferences or for legitimate reasons, our pool of consultants can help you get one following the Schengen visa code.
Please remember, we don’t provide any unsolicited documents.
I want to join a conference in Portugal. What type of visa should I apply?
With a Schengen short-term visa, you can attend a business conference in Portugal. You must provide the conference invitation and host details with your visa applications.
Can I get admission to any Portuguese university with a tourist visa?
Tourist visas are for touristic activities in Portugal or visiting friends/family. If you want to study at a Portuguese university, you are advised to apply for a student visa.
Since a student visa is a long-term visa, you can only apply for a student visa from the Portuguese Embassy in New Delhi. A student visa allows you to enter Portugal with the purpose of studying at a higher education institution.
But if you have difficulties getting student visas approved or are already in the Schengen area, you can directly visit Portugal and get admission to Portuguese educational institutions. With the proper paperwork, you can apply for your student residency card from the Portuguese Immigration and Border Service (SEF) under Article 91.
Can I Convert My Portugal Tourist Visa To Work Visa?
If you are a skilled worker, you can directly apply for a Portugal work permit visa from Bangladesh.
However, if you already have a Schengen visit visa or are in the Schengen area, you can directly go to Portugal and apply for residency to under article 88, paragraph 2. You need to have a valid employment contract and legal entry to the country to apply for residency under this article.
There is a caution, though; the process takes a long time, up to 2 years now. But the good news is, you can work legally in Portugal during this period.
What’s the address of the France Embassy where I can submit Portugal visa applications?
Embassy of the Republic of France
Madani Avenue, Baridhara Diplomatic Enclave, Dhaka 1212, Bangladesh. Phone: +88 02 5566 8600, +88 02 5881 3811-14 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, General Opening Hours: Sunday to Thursday, 8:30 AM to 4:00 PM.
Where can I submit Portugal’s long-term visa applications?
Portugal long-term visa applications, type (D) can only be submitted in person at Portugal Embassy in New Delhi. The address is below:
The Embassy of Portugal in India
No.4, Panchsheel Marg, Chanakyapuri, New Delhi 110021, India. Phone: (91) 11 4607 1001 Email: email@example.com (Consular Section); firstname.lastname@example.org (Visa)