Tips for Securing a Greece Visa from Bangladesh
Greece- The land of Gods!
The ancient city is a truly magical place that has captivated travelers for centuries.
With its crystal-clear turquoise waters, engineering marvels of the era dramatic cliffs, Ancient archaeological wonder, and charming white-washed buildings perched on the edge of a volcanic caldera on Santorini, Greek cuisine- Greece is a place that has to be seen to be believed.
No wonder, millions of tourists flock to Greece to explore this historical paradise.
Are you one of them?
Let’s break down the whole application process for Greece Visa for Bangladeshi Citizens.
How To Apply For Greece Visa from Bangladesh?
In order to visit Greece as a tourist, you have to apply for a Schengen visa. Greece is one of the 27 members of the Schengen country. So, for traveling to Greece you need to get a Schengen visa. With the Schengen sticker, you can visit Greece and the rest of the 26 Schengen countries if you want.
And the best part?
The process is hassle-free. There is no consulate of Greece in Bangladesh. But the Embassy of Italy is the official representative of Greece. So you need to apply to the Italian consulate for a Greece visa.
Please note: Applicants are required to be present when applying for a Greece Schengen visa.
Greece Schengen Visa Documents
You can apply for a Greece Schengen tourist, business, and family re-unification short-term visa from Bangladesh.
Common Italy Schengen Visa Documents:
- Current passport
- Old Passports
- Italy Schengen visa application form (typed in the computer and signed by the applicant). Though you are applying for Greece, the visa form should be for Italy since you are applying to the Italy consulate.
- Schengen Visa Photographs (35*45 mm)
- Cover Letter and Travel plan for Italy
- Employment certificate
- No Objection Certificate from Employer
- Salary Certificate & Payslips for the last 6 months
- Trade license and other business documents (For business owners)
- Company Bank statements for business owners
- Personal Bank Statements
- Fixed deposit receipts (FDR)
- Personal income tax certificate & acknowledgment receipts (3 Years)
- Civil documents (Marriage certificate)
- Airline Ticket Itinerary/ Booking
- Hotel Reservation For the entire stay
- Schengen Travel Health Insurance
Business Visa Documents:
If you gotta attend a business deal in Italy, you can apply for a short-term visit visa under this category. You need some additional documents in that case:
- Invitation Letter from an Italian Registered Company/Organization
- Forwarding Letter from your company
- Office ID Card/ Business Card
- Trade License / Incorporation Certificate / Company Memorandum
- Company Bank Statements
- Company ITR Certificate
Family Visit Visa:
If you have family members in Italy and want to meet them, this is the appropriate category for you.
- Invitation letter with the details purpose of the trip
- Relationship proof with the invitee
- Resident proof of Host (Rental contract)
- Invitee’s Photo ID Card and Utility Copy
- Invitee’s Bank Statements
Please note that the Italy Visa Application center usually doesn’t take extra documents unless those are mandatory.
How can I get a Greece visa from Bangladesh?
For a short stay, you will get a 90-day permit to travel to the Schengen country. So, how to get a Greece visa from Bangladesh? Here is a step-by-step guide for you.
Step 1: Gather all the documents
First and foremost, you have to gather all the documents required to apply for Schengen countries. We mentioned a checklist so that you have an idea of which documents you need to apply.
Also, check if any papers need Translation & Notary and prepare it accordingly. Be careful with the documents as European countries have a central server system and they are cautious about papers and documentation.
Step 2: Fill out the Application form & pay visa fees
Fill up the application form with all the information. Apart from the Schengen fee, there is a fee for VFS. Here are the details….
|Schengen visa (age 12 years and above)||EUR 80|
|VFS Service fee||29.25|
The amount needs to be paid in local currency and it changes from time to time.
Step 3: Submit an application form to VFS Global Italy
As we said above, the Embassy of Italy is the representative of tourist visa matters for the Embassy of Greece. Therefore, You need to submit the application form to the Italy embassy in Dhaka.
One good thing about the Italian embassy is you don’t need to take any prior appointment to submit the application form. Applicants can directly go there and carry on the procedure.
Processing Time & Passport Collection
Like other Schengen visas, you will get the result within 10 to 15 working days. However, the processing may take a few more days depending on your profile and embassy work schedule. In some cases, the embassy may also ask for more documents which can make the process a little delayed.
When the decision is made, no matter whether it’s approved or refused, the embassy will mail you to collect the passport.
Take the passport from the Italian VFS where you submitted the passport initially.
If you are approved for a visa, there will be an affixed visa sticker on your passport. In case of refusal, you will receive a refusal letter with the details of your refusals mentioned.
Please, check the sticker if all the information is accurate or not. If notice any mistake at the time of passport collection, let them know the issue immediately.
Greece Tourist Visa consultant in Bangladesh
Greece is a European paradise where you can make an unforgettable trip on a budget. That’s why a lot of Bangladeshi travel to Greece each year.
If you want to visit Greece on your upcoming holidays, Visa Processing Center help you to wrap the process smoothly. Our experience with the Schengen Visa comes in really handy to help clients to get the Greece visa effortlessly. Feel free to knock us about any queries.
We also help in….
- Visa application processing and counseling
- Translation of Documents
- And dealing reapply after refusal.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
You must have a million questions when opting for a service like this. Let us answer the popular ones for you!
How much is visa fee for Greece from Bangladesh?
The Schengen fee is 80 euros to visit Greece for a short-term visa. This is applicable for single and multiple entries.
Why is Greece visa rejected?
The lack of financial proof and profession is the main reason for Greece’s visa rejection from Bangladesh. Take a consultation from Visa Processing Center to assess whether your bank statement is enough or not.
If you are already refused, please consider our refusal analysis service so we can let you know exactly why you were refused at the first place.
How much bank balance is required for Greece tourist visa?
You need to have at least EUR 50 per day in your bank account to obtain a Greek Schengen visa as Bangladeshi. Additionally, you need to prove your cost of accommodation and airfare.
Is there any Embassy of Greece in Bangladesh?
No, Greece has no active embassy in Bangladesh right now.
Instead, The Embassy of Italy is handling the short-term tourist visa on behalf of Greece.
Embassy of Italy
- Plot 2/3, Road 74/79, Gulshan 2, Dhaka 1212, Bangladesh
- Telephone: (+88) 02 882 2781 / 2 / 3, Fax: (+88) 02 882 3337
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Italy Visa Application Center
- Address: AJ Heights (Ground Floor), Cha-72/1/D, Progoti Sarani North Badda , Dhaka-1212, Bangladesh
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: www.vfsglobal-it-bd.com
But remember…..For a long-stay visa in Greece (more than 90 days), you have to get a permit from the Greece embassy which is in New Delhi.
Embassy of Greece in New Delhi
- EP-32, Dr S. Radha krishnan Marg, Chanakyapuri, New Delhi-110021, India
- Telephone: (+91) 11 2688 0700 – 4; Emergency tel: (+91) 96 5461 6196
- Fax: (+91) 11 2688 8010, (+91) 11 2467 5231
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org ; email@example.com
- Website: www.mfa.gr/india