Travel The Nordic Heritage
Norway is a popular tourist destination known for its Nordic heritage and beautiful natural landscapes. The Scandinavian country in Northern Europe is one of the Schengen member states.
Norway has a total area of 385,252 square kilometers and a population of approximately 5,434,319 people.
If you enjoy outdoor activities such as hiking, skiing, and exploring mountain ranges, glaciers, and coastal fjords, Norway can be heaven for you.
Oh yes, how can we forget about the Northern Aurora lights? This one experience can get Norway trip to your life bucket list!
The country is also known for its picturesque towns and villages, such as the colorful wooden houses in Bergen and the medieval town of Trondheim. The capital city of Oslo is known for its museums, parks, and lively nightlife.
No matter what type of traveler you are – Norway has something for you.
Sounds interesting? Planning to make a trip? The first step is obviously – to get a Norway visitor visa approved.
Norway Visit Visa From Bangladesh
If you plan to travel to Norway for less than 90 days, you need a Schengen short-stay visa. The same visa is required if you want to visit friends or family members or visit for business purposes.
If you have a valid Schengen visa from any other country, you can visit Norway without additional formalities during your visa validity. However, you must submit your visa application for Norway if your main travel destination is Norway itself.
How do you determine your main destination?
Well, if you would like to travel for 12 days, and a maximum number of the days will be spent in Norway (at least 5 days in this case), then Norway is your main destination country. If you spend an equal number of days in each country, and defining your main destination country is impossible, you can only apply to the country you travel to first.
As a Bangladeshi citizen, you can apply for a Norway visa at the Embassy of Denmark in Bangladesh, as Denmark represents Norway here. So, your visa application process will be the same as the Denmark visa.
Step 1: Apply for Norway Visa Online via Denmark Visa Portal
Denmark visa applications in Dhaka, Bangladesh, are collected by their external provider, VFS Global. So, your Norway visa application also needs to be submitted to the same VFS officer in Gulshan, Dhaka.
So how do you proceed?
The first step is to open an account with the ApplyVisa Demark portal and proceed to the visa application form.
It will ask you for your basic information, occupation and employer details, the purpose of the travel, a list of the country of your travel plan, your previous biometrics information details (including your previous Schengen visa), and financial details for the trip.
You will also need to provide your accommodation details during your stay in the Schengen member area.
Please make sure you provide correct and truthful information. If you are not experienced, it’s better to take help from professionals. Otherwise, minor mistakes might lead you to a visa application refusal.
You can apply for a Norway visa 6 months earlier and a minimum of 15 days than your expected travel date.
Once your application form is completed, you are ready to submit the form along with other required documents to the VFS Global office.
Documents Checklist for Norway Visa From Bangladesh
Documents For Norway Visitor Visa:
- Visa Form: The Schengen visa application cover letter from ApplyVisa, printed and signed by the applicant. Also, attach the receipt for online payment.
- Invitation Letter: Completed and signed VU2 online form or personal explanatory invitation letter
- Passport: Passport with at least two blank pages, valid for at least 3 months after leaving the Schengen territory
- Previous Passport: Copies of all previous passports, including bio pages and any previous Schengen, UK, Australian, or US visas
- Cover Letter: Cover letter from the applicant explaining the purpose of the visit. You should also include the day-to-day itinerary and finances with professional details.
- Employment Letter: A Letter of Employment from your current employer mentioning your position, joining date, salary, and responsibilities.
- Bank Statement: Original personal bank statement for the last six months. The bank statement should well reflect your income and expenditure. You should not suddenly deposit a large amount to inflate your balance.
- Financial Documents: Submit documents showing establishment in Bangladesh, e.g. financial documents, partnership, and ownership of the real estate
- Schengen Travel Insurance: Health and Travel Insurance for Schengen that covers at least 30,00 euros. The insurance must be valid for the total duration of stay in Schengen (original and photocopy)
- Proof of Accommodation: Proof of accommodation or hotel reservation at for entire duration.
- Air Ticket Booking: Copy of your air ticket booking. Must include entry and exit from Schengen member countries.
- Proof of Relationship: Proof of family or other ties with the host/inviting person if your are visiting family or friends, along with an invitation letter
- Inviters ID Card: Copy of document showing the inviting person’s identity (if visiting family or friends), such as passport, Residency Card, etc.
- Documents Related to Civil Status: Marriage certificate for married applicants, Divorce Certificate “Talak Namah” for divorced applicants, Death certificate for widowed, and Birth certificate for children
- Company Documents: For business owners, trade license, company documents, and 6 months’ company bank statement.
- Parental Consent: Consent of parents or custodian if both parents are not traveling together. Also, a Photocopy of the passport of the parents or legal guardian should be attached, along with the original birth certificate of the minor issued by the responsible authority
Additional Documents for Business Visa:
- Invitation Letter: Invitation letter from the company in the Member state, personalized and addressed to the applicant with the detailed purpose and stay.
- Proof of Business: Proof of existing trade relationship between the companies, such as contracts and evidence of payment of invoices and LCs.
- Proof of Activities: Documents that show the business activities of the applicant’s company.
- Employment Document for Employees: If an employee travels from the company, documents that prove the applicant’s employment status in the company, like a work contract and employer’s letter granting leave.
- Entry Ticket: If you are joining trade fairs or conferences, please attach documents that prove payment of entrance to exhibitions, trade fairs, or conferences.
Step 2: Submit The Documents To VFS Global
So, you have your documents ready, and now you need to submit them to Denmark Visa Application Centre operated by VFS Global. You can only submit the application in VFS Dhaka; the same facilities are unavailable in other cities.
VFS Dhaka accepts Denmark applications from Sunday to Thursday, 09 am to 02 pm. You can directly walk in, as they don’t require any prior appointment.
Once you visit there, you must mention that the application is for Norway to the support staff, and they will do the needful. You can then pay the visa fee to the same office and proceed with the biometrics submission.
Once your visa fees are paid, documents collected, and biometrics received, you are done with your formalities.
Your visa processing formally starts from here.
Please note that if you have submitted your biometrics for a Schengen visa within the last 59 months, you might be exempted from submitting your biometrics again. Contact the visa application center if you are unable or don’t want to submit the biometrics again.
Step 3: Wait For Norway Visa Processing
The processing time for Norway visa applications is usually up to 15 calendar days. However, if your application is not straightforward, it might take additional time for a final decision. In some cases, the application may be sent to the Directorate of Immigration (UDI), and the processing time can take up to 45 calendar days.
Once your visa decision is made and sent back to VFS Global for passport delivery, you will receive a notification via email, SMS, or telephone. In the meantime, if you want to track the visa application, you can do so from this website with your reference number mentioned on the VFS receipt and your last name.
You will know the visa decision only when you receive the passport.
It’s important to understand that not all applications are approved, and some may be rejected due to missing documentation, invalid information, or other reasons. In case of rejection, you can reapply after addressing the issues that caused the rejection.
It’s always recommended to apply with professional help in the first place to avoid any sort of refusal.
Step 4: Collect Your Passport from VFS Global
Once you receive an email to collect the passport, please visit the VFS Global office in person. You need to bring the VFS receipt. If you can’t attend, you can send someone with an authorization letter, your VFS receipt, and a copy of the person’s govt identity card.
Passports of minor applicants can be collected by parents or can be collected by someone else with an authorization letter from parents.
If your visa application is approved, you will get the visa sticker with the details. Otherwise, you will receive a written explanation for the reason for the rejection.
If you believe the reasons mentioned in the applications are unjustified, you can either appeal or re-apply with better documentation.
If you can’t decide what should be your next course of action, you can contact us for a Refusal Analysis and counseling service. Our expert team of consultants can help you identify the issue and prepare a stronger application next time.
Norway Visa Consultant in Bangladesh
Visa applications can get refused if you make mistakes in processing or provide improper information. It’s always recommended to process your visa through a professional consultant.
How do you find an experienced Norway Visa Consultant in Bangladesh?
Well, Visa Processing Center has extensive knowledge in processing Schengen visas, including hundreds of applications for Norway. We are the most experienced and reliable consultant to get your visa application approved. Please contact us by phone or email to schedule an appointment.
So, how do we help? Here is our process:
Once you contact us with detailed information about your application, one of our experienced consultants will review your case. If you are eligible, we will provide you with an appointment to visit our office and submit the documents. You can also send us the documents online with our interactive document upload system.
The consultant will review the documents, consult you with potential approaches or suggestions and prepare the remaining documents accordingly. Including providing you with a well-crafted cover letter, tour plan, financial explanations, airline booking copy, hotel booking copy, and Schengen visa insurance.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How many countries should I travel to before I apply for Norway?
No rule says you must visit X number of other countries before applying for a Norway visa. If you have a legitimate reason for travel and a professional and financial background, you can apply.
However, a prior travel history always helps, so we recommend you travel to 2-3 other countries first.
How much money should I have in my bank account when I apply for a Norway visa?
There is no set amount of money you must have in your bank account to apply for a Norway visa. Schengen visa code doesn’t explicitly require any specific amount. However, your bank account should have enough balance to cover your travel cost. Also, a stronger bank account shows strong home ties for economic reasons.
Please feel free to contact us if you want a profile assessment and other financial requirements based on your profile.
My last visa application was not approved. When should I apply again?
There is no rule in the Schengen visa code that says you have to wait a certain amount of time before you can apply again after a visa refusal. However, it’s good to wait for a certain time unless your circumstances change.
If you believe the reasons for the refusal are unjustified, please feel free to contact us so we can do an assessment and suggest what you should do next.
Can you help me get an invitation letter for my visa application?
An invitation letter is not mandatory for a Schengen visa application. However, in some cases, an invitation letter might be helpful. If you need invitation letter assistance, our team of experts can contact the required authority to get one.
Do you provide any guarantee that my visa application will be approved?
No, we do not provide any guarantees for visa approval.
If any person or organization is providing you guarantee, please be sure that they are lying and trying to scam you.
Also – be aware that some shady organizations can attach fake documents to your application in the hope that the visa applications will be approved. Embassy officials are smart enough to identify those documents and can provide further entry ban. So, stay away from these types of scams.
At Visa Processing Center, we process your application according to the Schengen visa code, so your chance of visa approval is higher. Still, acceptance or refusal depends on the individual’s profile.