Belgium: A History-lover’s Delight!
Whether you’re into ancient or modern history, Belgium won’t disappoint you.
Flemish countryside contrasts with bustling cities- this bite-sized piece of land has a unique charm. Many landmarks and monuments such as the Battlefields of WWI and WWII and the Grand Place in Brussels offer a glimpse into the country’s diverse history.
This European country is packed with surprises and offers something for everyone.
Planning to make a trip to this awesome land?
Well, the first headache is visa (obviously!!!). If you’re a frequent traveler from Bangladesh, you know that going abroad with our beloved Green Passport is not a piece of cake!
Belgium visa is no exception! We have hurdles to get one approved, but it’s definitely possible and easier than before.
Today we’re gonna talk about the A to Z process of getting a Belgium Visa from Bangladesh for you.
How to Get Belgium Visa From Bangladesh?
Belgium is one of the members of 27 Schengen countries. So, a visa from any other Schengen state allows you to visit Belgium without any restriction.
However, if your main destination or first port of entry is Belgium, you need a Schengen visa from the Belgium consulate. But the country doesn’t have a diplomatic presence in Bangladesh. They have an honorary consul officer; however, the office doesn’t process any visa applications.
So, where to apply for Belgium visa in Bangladesh?
Official representative of Belgium in our country is the Embassy of Sweden. So, if you’re looking to apply for a short-stay Schengen visa (c) for up to 90 days, you’ll need to submit your application through the Embassy of Sweden in Dhaka.
Please note that the Sweden embassy only accepts Belgium visas for the following reasons:
- Tourist visits,
- Visiting family or friends,
- Cultural or sports events,
- Business trips, short traineeships,
- And transit through the Schengen area.
If you have to go to Belgium for a longer stay or other reasons, you’ll need to submit your application at the VFS visa application center in New Delhi.
1. Submit Your Application to VFS Sweden
As we stated earlier……….The Embassy of Sweden in Dhaka represents Belgium for short-term stay visas. And they collect visa applications with the external service provider (ESP) VFS Global.
Sweden Visa Application Center (Operated by VFS) in Dhaka accepts your documents without any prior appointment. So, you can get your documents ready, and directly submit your application to them.
Now how to start?
The first step is to download the visa application form, fill it up and then manage other required documents. Once all the documents are ready, directly visit Sweden Visa Application Center, and submit the documents to them. When submitting your documents, you must pay your visa fee in cash at the VFS Global office.
So, how much is the visa fee?
The Belgium Schengen visa fee for adult applicants is 80 euros. For children between the ages of 6 to 12, the visa fee is 40 euros, and Children under the age of 6 are not required to pay any fee. The amount needs to be paid in BDT, and the conversion rate may fluctuate from time to time.
Documents Requirement for Belgium Visa from Bangladesh
Since the Sweden Embassy in Dhaka processes the Belgium visa application, the documents required for the Sweden embassy apply here.
- Visa Form: A completed and signed application form. You can download the visa form here.
- Valid Passport: Your passport with at least 3 months of validity after you departed from the Schengen area. The passport must have at least two empty pages for visa and stamping purposes
- Passport Photo: One recent passport-sized Schengen visa photograph. The background should be white.
- Air Ticket Booking: A copy of your airline ticket booking (it’s not mandatory though).
- Proof of Accommodation: Your proof of accommodation e.g. hotel booking for touristic activities. If you have a host in Schengen member countries, include an invitation letter mentioning your accommodation covered by them.
- Schengen Insurance: Travel health insurance that covers the entire period in the Schengen area with at least 30,000 Euro coverage.
- Civil Documents: Proof of your civil status (e.g. marriage certificate, divorce certificate, or birth certificate for baby)
- Financial Documents: Proof that you have enough money to support yourself during your stay. You can attach your Fixed deposit receipts (FDR), Sanchaypatro, Investment documents etc.
- Bank Statement: Your personal bank statement for the last 6 months with the proof of your claimed income, expenses, and disposable income.
- Cover Letter: A Cover letter from you explaining in detail the purpose of the visit, addressed to the Embassy of Sweden. You should include the travel plan, day-to-day itinerary, and explanation of financials and profession.
Additional Documents If You Are Employed
- Forwarding Letter: A letter from the present employer/owner, stating the purpose of the Visit to Schengen member areas
- Employment Documents: An employment certificate from the employer that includes your name, position, salary, and number of years of service. The certificate of employment from the company should also include the company’s address, telephone, and fax number. The name and position of the countersigning officer should also be mentioned.
Additional Requirements If You Are Self-Employed
- Trade license: Your updated business trade license. Translated and notarized.
- Incorporation Certificate: Certificate of incorporation issued by the Office of Registrar of Joint Stock Company, if the company is registered as a Limited company.
- Tax documents: TIN certificate, Tax certificate, Acknowledgement copy, and Assessment copy of tax documents
- Business Bank Statement: Bank statement of the company for the last 6 months.
Additional Requirements If You Are a Student
- Proof of Enrollment: Proof of enrolment in an educational institution in Bangladesh
- Leave of Absence Letter: A certificate of leave of absence if you’re traveling during the school year. It should be issued and signed by the head of the department or institution. The certificate should include full address, telephone number, the permission of absence, name, and position of the person granting permission. If the trip is related to school, a letter from the school mentions the trip’s purpose, duration, and destination.
Additional Requirements For Minors
- Consent of parents or legal guardian if both parents are not traveling together
- Photocopy of passport of parents or legal guardian
- Proof of economic means of parents or legal guardian (refer to the previous points)
- Original birth certificate of the minor issued by a responsible authority.
Additional Documents For Friends & Family Visit
- Proof of Relationship: You will need to show proof of your relationship with the person you are visiting (ex., family ties).
- Invitation Letter: You will need a letter of invitation from the person you are visiting.
Additional Documents For Business Visits
- Invitation Letter: If you are visiting for a business purpose, the company you are visiting should provide a letter of invitation. The letter should include personal details of the person being invited, the invitation’s duration, and the visit’s purpose.
- Proof of Business Relationship: Proof of recent business contacts with the company you are visiting, such as bills of lading, LC, receipts, contracts, or correspondence.
- Ticket/ Payment Receipt: If you are attending a commercial fair or congress, you will need to provide proof of attendance, such as a letter of invitation from the event organizer or proof of registration fee payment.
Documents Translation: All forms and documents should be in Swedish or English. For Bangla documents, an authorized translator should translate any documents from Bangla to English.
Belgium Visa Processing Time in Bangladesh
Your processing time starts after you submit your documents and biometrics to the VFS global office. They will forward your application to the embassy for a visa decision.
Since the Embassy of Sweden in Dhaka represents Belgium, the processing for Belgium is the same as when applying for a Sweden visa.
There is good news though:
Visa processing time is faster from Sweden comparing other Schengen consulates in Dhaka, Bangladesh. It usually takes 15 days, but may take up to 45 calendar days in some cases.
You can apply for a Schengen visa as early as 6 months before the intended travel. For Seafarers, you can apply 9 months in advance, and the minimum time to apply is 15 days.
Once your visa decision is received from the embassy, VFS Global will send you an email and SMS to collect the passport.
Visa Application Tracking & Passport Collection
During the processing of your visa application, you can track the progress online from VFS website.
Once your passport is ready, you can go in person or send someone with authorization to collect the passport. You need to bring a photocopy of your passport and the receipt you received from them during the application.
If your visa application is successful, you will receive your passport with a visa sticker. The sticker will have all the information regarding the visa validity, the number of days you can stay, and when you need to depart from the Schengen member countries.
Check the visa document on the spot, and talk to VFS staff immediately if there is any mistake regarding the information on the sticker.
And if your visa application is unsuccessful, you will receive a letter with the details of your refusal and appeal rights.
Belgium Visa Consultant In Bangladesh
If you are not confident enough, you can seek professional help. Visa applications can get refused for silly, minor mistakes. Once a visa application is refused, your future applications get more complex.
But don’t worry, the Visa Processing Center is here to help.
We have a dedicated team who are specialized in processing all Schengen visas. From preparing documents to final submission, we will guide you on the whole journey.
We have years of experience in processing visa applications with maximum success rate.
Contact us today, and we will check your eligibility. If we find you are highly likely to get a visa approved, our team of expert will prepare the visa applications according Schengen visa code!
We want you to smile at the end!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
If you are considering using this service, you probably have many questions. Here are answers to some of the most common questions you might have.
Can you give visa assistance for a Belgium Visa from Bangladesh?
Yes, we have experience helping hundreds of people to get Belgium visas. First, we have to do the eligibility assessment, then we can help you prepare all the documents to apply for the visa.
What’s the address and phone number of the Embassy of Sweden in Dhaka?
Embassy of Sweden, Dhaka,
Bay’s Edgewater, 6th Floor, Plot No. 12, North Avenue, Gulshan-2, Dhaka 1212, Bangladesh.
Telephone: +88 02 5566 8500, Fax: +88 02 882 3948, Email: email@example.com
What’s the Address of Sweden Visa Application Center?
Sweden Visa Application Centre
Delta Life Tower, Plot 37, Road 90, Gulshan North, Gulshan-2, Dhaka 1212, Bangladesh.
Phone: (+88) 09 606 777 333, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Office Hours: Sunday to Thursday (9:00 AM to 5:00 PM).
Where can I submit an application for Belgium Long term visa?
Belgium’s long-term visas are processed in India. You can visit the following address to submit your long-term visa application.
Embassy of Belgium in India
50-N Shantipath, Chanakyapuri, 110021 New Delhi, India. Phone: (+91) 11 424 280 00 – (For Visa questions. Working hours 11:30 AM to 1:00 PM). Fax: (+91) 11 424 280 02
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org (For visa) Opening Hours: Monday to Friday (9:00 Am to 1:00 PM and 1:30 PM to 5:00 PM).
Do you provide any guarantee that I will get Belgium visa?
Visa Processing Center is a private company that helps you apply for a visa. But, after you submit your application, it totally depends on the embassy whether they will approve or refuse the visa. Visa Processing Center can’t make the embassy approve your visa.
What kind of service does the Visa Processing Center provide?
Visa Processing Center is a premier visa processing agency in Bangladesh. If you plan a trip to Belgium, we can take care of the visa process for you!
Our visa consultancy service for Belgium will ensure that your application is in order and increase your chances of getting approved. We provide all the information and support you need to apply for a visa successfully.
Is Visa Processing Center an official Belgium Visa Processing Agent?
No, we are not an official agent of the Belgium embassy or the Embassy of Sweden. Visa Processing Center is a private company, and we help individual and corporate travelers process their visa applications faster and more efficiently.