How can I get an Estonia visa from Bangladesh?
Did you know a fun fact about Estonia? The number of tourists that Estonia receives per year is bigger than the number of its total population.
Yup, you heard that right.
This small former Soviet nation is a magnet for tourism. Started thinking about how to visit this European beauty as Bangladeshi? As very few people go to Estonia from our country, there are no solid resources about how to get an Estonian visa from Bangladesh.
We get it!
And after May 2023 the process has been changed a little bit which makes a lot of confusion. That’s why today we decided to talk about the full process of getting an Estonia tourist visa from Bangladesh.
Is an Estonian visa easy? What type of visa do I need to visit Estonia?
Well, to be honest – not that easy, but hundreds of people are getting their visas approved from Bangladesh.
In general, internationally, Estonia grants 98.4 percent of all visa applications.
As Estonia is a Schengen state, you need to apply for an Estonia Schengen visa to travel to this country, and 26 other Schengen member states. It is a short-term visa that allows you a maximum of 90 days stay in any 180 days (90/180 Rule).
As Bangladesh is a non-Schengen country, you need a valid Type C visa to enter Estonia or it is our first destination for a Schengen trip. This visa is allowed for Tourism or business purpose only. What are you allowed to do there?
- Or visit your family members or friends residing in Estonia.
The beauty of this Schengen visa is apart from Estonia, you can visit the rest of the 26 Schengen countries if you want.
How to apply for an Estonia tourist visa from Bangladesh?
There is no consular office or embassy of Estonia in Dhaka, Bangladesh. The German embassy handles all visa matters for Estonia.
Before May 2023, the Estonia visa was handled by the Republic of the German Embassy directly for Bangladeshi citizens. But now VFS Global is the logistic partner of the German Embassy to handle Schengen visas.
So what does it mean?
It means you need to apply via VFS Global. Gather all the documents and then submit them to VFS. They will receive all the documents and biometrics and then forward them to the consulate for decision.
Visa applications are submitted based on prior appointments. So, you need to take a prior appointment to give the biometric and submit documents. Take the appointment online and be present with all your documents and the Schengen visa form.
Estonia Tourist visa requirements
Standard Documents to Apply For Estonia Schengen Visa:
- Printed Application form for an Estonian Schengen short-stay visa.
- Two identical passport photos (Maintaining the Schengen photo requirements)
- Your valid passport.
- Copies of your previous visas/Passport
- Letter of consent.
- Estonia Travel Health Insurance.
- Round-trip Flight Itinerary.
- Proof of accommodation.
- Proof of sufficient financial means for the period of stay in Estonia.
- Cover Letter
If you are employed:
- Employment contract
- Bank statement of the latest 6 months
- Leave permission from the employer
- Income Tax Return (ITR) form
If you are self-employed:
- A copy of your business license
- Company bank statement for the latest 6 months
- Income Tax Return (ITR)
If you are still a student:
- No-objection certificate from school or university
- Proof of studentship in an educational institution in Bangladesh/ID card
If you are a retired person:
- Pension statement of the latest 6 months
Estonia Visa Application Processing Time & Fee
The processing time for an Estonia short-stay visa usually takes up to 15 days.
Still, as we’re a third-country national and need prior consultation, it may be extended up to 30 days. In some rare cases, it may take up to 60 days.
The fee for a Schengen visa is 80 euros. But as now VFS is handling some procedures, you need to give an extra 15 Euro per application.
The amount needs to be paid in local currency, and the final amount in BDT depends on the currency conversion rate.
Looking for a consultant? Visa Processing Center can assist you!
- No embassy in Bangladesh
- Not many Bangladeshi go there, so no solid info
- After all, Estonia is in Schengen, so the Schengen visa complexity comes automatically!
These are the common reason people are afraid to apply for Estonia from Bangladesh. But no more fear, Visa Processing Center is now here to help you.
While dealing with all Schengen visas (won’t brag, but we’re experts on it), we notice as Bangladeshi folks are struggling to visit Estonia. And it shouldn’t be.
Estonia is a beautiful country!
So, we decided to help people make their dream trip to the amazing country beside the Baltic Sea. Let us help you to open the road to visit Estonia. If you need our professional consultation, please feel free to contact us today.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the address of the German Embassy in Bangladesh?
Embassy of the Federal Republic of Germany
- Diplomatic Enclave, 11 Madani Ave, Dhaka 1212, Bangladesh
- Hours: Sunday to Thursday (08:00 a.m. to 03:30 p.m.)
- Closed on: Friday and Saturday (Weekend)
- Telephone- +880 2 5566 8650
- The emergency number outside opening hours
- + 0880 1711 564 588 (no visa inquiries please)
- Fax- +880 2 5566 8690, +49 30 1817 672 02
What’s the address of the German VFS/ Estonia Visa Application Center in Bangladesh?
German Visa Application Center
- 4th Floor Tower Plot # 37 Delta Life Road, 45 Madani Ave, Dhaka 1212
- Phone (+88) 09606555888, (+88) 09666-911574
- Email: email@example.com
- Helpline Timing: Sunday to Thursday 08:30 – 16:30 (Except Holidays)