Is France Schengen Visa Easy From Bangladesh?
From the iconic Eiffel Tower to the world-renowned Louvre Museum, France has a variety of attractions.
Notre Dame Cathedral, charming castles, beautiful countryside…. and dozens of other sightseeing options!
Why not combine sightseeing with shopping in ‘The City Of Lights’?
Of course, a trip to France wouldn’t be complete without indulging in its gastronomic delights! …. and Paris – dubbed as the city of Love is also on the life bucket list of most travelers and honeymoon goers.
If you want to be one of them and visit the country, the first step is to get a France visa from Bangladesh.
So, let’s talk about how to get a French tourist or Schengen visa easily.
Type of France Visa from Bangladesh
The French short-term visa is also known as a Unified visa or Schengen visa. You can visit all 27 Schengen member states with the same visa.
There are 3 primary purposes France issues short-term (C) visas:
- Tourism or sightseeing. You can also get medical treatment from French healthcare providers with this visa.
- Business trips, trade fairs, seminars, or attending conferences. You can also visit French counterparts on this visa and negotiate a contract.
- Visiting friends and family members living in France.
Once you get approved for a France Schengen visa, you can also use the same visa for Airport transits.
How to Get France Visa from Bangladesh?
To travel to France as a Bangladeshi citizen, you need to get a France visa first. And you have to apply for a visa from the Embassy of France in Dhaka.
Unlike other Schengen member countries, France’s Schengen visa is online (Thank God!!!).
You need to apply with the official website and submit the generated file to the consulate in Dhaka along with other required documents.
There are 5 basic steps to getting your France Schengen visa approved:
- Consult with a France visa consultant and gather information
- Fill out your online application
- Book your appointment
- Submit your file and biometrics
- Track your application for decision & collect your passport
Step 1: Talk to a France Visa Consultant To Gather Information
The first step is to gather information regarding the visa.
Define your purpose of visit, and gather information on whether you are eligible for a France Schengen visa for your defined purpose.
You also need to ensure you meet all the visa eligibility of the France Schengen visa, so your application becomes successful.
Who wants to get a refusal letter after days of preparation and weeks of waiting?
Seems complex to you?
Contact Visa Processing Center today if you don’t know how to do these, and can’t decide what your approach should be. We are one of the best France visa consultants in Bangladesh with years of solid experience.
We have an eligibility assessment service and visa processing service that can make your France Schengen visa approval straightforward and easier.
Well, what’s the next step after a consultation?
Step 2: Fill out France Visa Form Online
First, Visit visa France website, and create an account.
After you log in, create an application for you and any accompanying family members. Please make sure to add everyone separately and fill in the form with their information.
The form is very detailed and multi-steps. It will ask you for information like name, DOB, passport details, travel plans, stay details, and if you have any prior Schengen visa. Please carefully provide all the information; putting any wrong information might delay the process or cause your application to be refused.
Now listen to this carefully:
You can apply for a Schengen visa 6 months before you travel. The minimum time to apply for a Schengen visa is 15 working days before the flight date.
Back to what we were saying…….
After you put all your information, the system will ask you to submit it. Once submitted, you can download a PDF Schengen visa file with your information. You will also get a checklist of mandatory documents to submit with your visa application.
Documents for France Tourist Visa From Bangladesh
Common Document Checklist For France Visa:
- Passport: Your valid passport with at least 2 blank pages. The validity must be 3 months or more beyond your submitted travel plan.
- Passport Photocopy: Photocopy of the passport identity page
- Last Schengen Visa: Copy of your last Schengen visa
- Filled Out Visa Form: A completely filled France visa form you get after submitting the file online.
- Note verbal: If you hold an official passport, a note verbal is required
- Photo: 2 Recent photos on a white background
- Travel Plan: Your day-to-day travel plan within the Schengen member states. Covering the day of your entry to the day of your exit.
- Booking Copy: If you are joining any activities of the pre-arranged trip, you need to produce the booking copy and details of the trip from the organizers.
- Employment Documents: If you are employed, you must submit the employment certificate with the name, position, hiring date, salary, and responsibilities. You also need to submit a No Objection Certificate (NOC) with the details of your leave authorization. Include Payslips for the last 6 months as well.
- Proof of Profession: If you are a student or a person with retirement, you must prove your profession with documents.
- Person Bank Statement: Personal bank statement with regular transaction/source of income. The bank statement should be really organized and demonstrate your income, monthly expenses, and disposable income. You should not suddenly deposit any big amount to inflate the balance, which can’t be justified with your regular income. This unjustified balance inflation can work counter-productive for your visa decision. The personal bank statement needs to demonstrate that you are able to spend at least 120 euros per day during your Schengen travel.
- Proof of Accommodation: Your hotel booking copy for the entire stay. If you are joining as part of the organized group tour, a letter from the organizers confirms your entire stay. If you would like to stay with your friends or family members, an invitation letter with the details of your accommodation.
- Schengen Travel Insurance: A medical insurance issued by accepted insurance companies covering at least 30,000 Euro for medical and health contingencies. The coverage should be for the entire stay in Schengen member countries. The certificate should clearly mention your name, DOB, and coverage details with the date.
- Return Air Ticket Booking: Submit the air ticket booking copy with entry and exit. The ticket date and places need to match your original travel plan. You don’t need to buy confirmed air tickets for visa purposes.
- Income Tax Documents: Submit the income tax acknowledgment copy of the last 3 years and tax certificates. You must also submit the income tax assessment copies of the last income year.
Additional Documents for Business Owners
- Business Documents: For business owners, Submit a copy of the updated Trade license, Certificate of incorporation, memorandum, Association membership, and relevant business documents.
- Company Bank Statement: Submit the company bank statement. The statement should demonstrate your business income and expenditure and give the visa officer an idea about your net income. Please note that business owners must submit both their personal and company bank statements.
Additional Required Documents For Business Visit:
For a business trip, you have to submit some extra documents as they counted it as business visits:
- Invitation letter from France mentioning your purpose, activities, duration, and location of your stay.
- Details of the conference, fair, or trade show.
- Admission cards, tickets, or payment receipts for the trade show.
- Sponsorship or commitment letter from the organizers with the details if they cover your costs during the stay.
Please note: The documents must be in English or French. For example- if your documents are in any other language, they must be translated into any of these languages by any certified translator.
Step 3: Book Your Appointment with France Embassy Dhaka
Once you prepare all the documents for the France visa, you need to book an appointment with the France Embassy in Dhaka for the submission.
It’s advised to apply early as you might need extra time to get an appointment.
Why so early?
Well, there is always a waiting time of approx. 2-8 weeks. Though The average time varies, it’s better to collect the latest information from your visa consultant. You can book the appointment from the embassy website yourself.
It’s simple- Visit the website, select the number of applicants, and the system will show you available slots.
The best part is- You can select your convenient day and time and confirm the appointment with the embassy. Once your reservation has been confirmed, you will get an email with the details.
Step 4: Submit the Application, Documents, and Biometrics
Don’t be late on the day of submission.
And most important…..
Make sure you have all your documents ready, including your appointment letter. Get all your documents organized and show up at least 15 minutes before.
Please carefully check the list of documents to be provided. Each request must be presented in 2copies, originals, and photocopies, organized in the same order.
Oh, yes. We have a reminder for you……..
Visit the Embassy without any large backpacks or full of miscellaneous objects, suitcases, etc… These objects are not authorized at the Embassy and cannot be deposited at the entrance to the visa section.
The duly procedure will be completed inside, and the documents and your biometrics will be collected by the embassy staff.
Brave………..Your visa processing formally starts!
Step 5: Track Your Application & Get Your Passport Delivered
France Schengen visa is normally processed within 15 days. However, the decision might be delayed based on the complexity of your application and workload at the embassy. You can track the application progress from the visa application portal.
Don’t worry- You will be notified when a decision has been made.
You can either collect the passport by yourself from the embassy or send a representative with an authorization letter. The passport collection time is from Sunday to Thursday at 3:30 pm.
What’s the rule for minors?
Well, Parents can collect the passport of the baby.
If your application has been successful, they will affix the visa vignette on the passport with the details. In case of unsuccessful applications, they will attach a refusal letter with an explanation of why they have refused you.
France Visa Consultant in Bangladesh
Getting a visa from any Schengen country is always kinda scary.
France is no different.
And that’s why it’s recommended to take assistance from experts. Visa Processing Center is a reliable and experienced France visa consultant in Bangladesh.
Wanna know how you proceed with this situation?
Well, we start with your eligibility analysis and help you create a personalized approach for the visa application. Then, carefully consider your financial situation and prepare an explanation proving your intention as a visitor. From our experience we see, the success ratio is high when everything is explained properly and clearly to the visa officer.
The same thing will happen to you.
Our straightforward process, years of experience, and quality service ensure a smooth experience. If you are someone who doesn’t like to take unnecessary refusal risks, feel free to get in touch with us today.
As an experienced visa processing company, we know how to make your documents strong and help you to get to your dream country!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can I show a Sponsor for a France Schengen visa?
YES, you can!
If you can’t pay for your travel expenses (eg – students or retired personnel), you can show a sponsor for France travel. However, you need to demonstrate why the person will sponsor you and your reasons for returning to Bangladesh at the end of your authorized stay. Family members can be shown as your sponsor to get a France visa from Bangladesh.
How many countries should I visit before we apply for a France Schengen visa?
There are no restrictions regarding this. However, as a visa processing agency, we have seen a higher success rate with 4-5 countries’ travel history before applying for a Schengen visa.
How much money should I keep in my bank account for a France visa?
The highly requested question we get as a visa processing agency. The thing is, there is no set amount of money that you need to have in your bank account.
France authorities require 120 Euro per day spending ability per candidate. So ideally, if your travel plan is for 10 days, you should be able to spend 1200 Euro for the trip, plus the airfare and other expenses. So, calculate them all to determine how much funds you need for the travel.
However, we recommend you have at least 3x more balance on your bank account than your actual travel expense. Remember, more funds in your bank account proves your strong economic tie with your home county.
I got refused a Schengen visa. When can I apply again?
There is no strict rule about applying again if your previous Schengen visa was refused. You can ideally apply the next day if you think you can justify the reasons for refusal. However, if the visa refusal was for a concrete reason, we recommend you get professional service from consultants or lawyers to decide your eligibility.
We deal with many refusal cases at Visa Processing Center, so feel free to book a consultation session for your prior refusal analysis. We can suggest your next course of action after a careful review.
What’s the address of the France Embassy in Dhaka?
France Embassy Dhaka, Bangladesh
Embassy of the Republic of France
Madani Avenue, Baridhara Diplometic Enclave,
Dhaka 1212, Bangladesh.
Phone: +88 02 5566 8600, +88 02 5881 3811-14
General Opening Hours: Sunday to Thursday 8:30 AM to 4:00 PM.